Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, all meetings are postponed.
Parent Forum is great opportunity for parents’ to share their perspectives on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision at our school. This platform enables us to gather and record and wherever possible, action your views to improve our school and the experience your child/ren have during their time with us.
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued here at St Hardulph’s. The parent forum aims to represent the views of all parents/carers and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent's perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision. This takes place by regular communication with parents/carers and ensuring a diverse forum membership and representation of views.
- To support and promote children's learning.
- To help the school find out what parents/carers think about important issues.
- To involve parents/carers actively in school decisions.
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children.
The forum is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents/carers who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Headteacher.
- The parent forum's membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending St Hardulph’s.
- We aim to have one or two representatives per year group. Relevant parents/carers nominate themselves as a potential Parent Forum Member and, if we have a lot of interest then we will have a vote and the parent with the most votes in each class will be appointed. (A ballot will not be undertaken if there are 3 or fewer nominations per class).
- Either the headteacher or the deputy headteacher or both will be in attendance at each meeting. A member of the governing body will also be in attendance.
Key Responsibilities of Parent Forum Members
- To seek feedback and suggestions from as many parents/carers as possible from their respective year group and to relay the outcomes from the Parent Forum as appropriate.
- To attend Parent Forum meetings representing the views of all parents/carers in their respective year group
- To work closely with parallel members to ensure coverage of all parents/carers in that year group.
Meetings and reporting
- Parent forum meetings are held termly – three times a year as a minimum, four expected.
- The headteacher ensures that meetings are scheduled and dates and times are presented in the newsletter.
- The agenda is prepared in advance of the meeting and circulated by email, via the newsletter or where necessary in a child’s school bag. A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the governing body and school leadership team for discussion.
- Items identified by parents, submitted by parent forum members for discussion.
- Minutes are sent home along with the newsletter and posted to the school website for all parents/carers to view with paper copies available from the school office upon request.
- Meetings run to time and active participation is sought from all representatives.
Meeting dates for the 19/20 academic year:
Tuesday 1st October 2019 - 2.30pm
Tuesday 14th January 2020 - 2.30pm
Tuesday 31st March 2020 - 2.30pm
Tuesday 16th June 2020 - 2.30pm