St Hardulph's Church of England Primary School

About Us

The old village school was built in 1874, on the edge of the village for Charles Abney Hastings, widower of the Countess of Loudon, as a memorial to his wife.  It is a finely detailed village school of the period in local stone with some elaborate carving.

The current school building was built in the early 1960's to accommodate the growing number of pupils attending.  The school is controlled by the Local Authority (Leicestershire County Council), who recognise the Church of England's foundation.  The school is situated near to the centre of the village, opposite the quarry.  Children start our school when they are 4 years old and have previously transferred to Castle Donington College at the age of 10.  From August 2017, we will retain our Year 6 pupils and will become a full primary school.

Our current school building - February 2017

The old school building (photo taken February 2017)

The old school building (photo taken February 2017)